We want you to share your views on NHS Same Day Urgent Care in West Somerset
Somerset Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) is reviewing how urgent care is provided in West Somerset. We are working with Healthwatch to help us find out what people in the area think about same day urgent care. We are committed to understanding the local needs of the population. This is to ensure we can continue to deliver the best possible healthcare services in Somerset which meet the needs of our population both now and in the future.
What is same day urgent care?
Same Day Urgent Care is for people who need treatment for an urgent problem that has been caused by an accident or illness. Care might be provided by a GP, minor injuries unit, 999, 111, pharmacy, emergency dentists or opticians
Why are we doing the review?
Finding and using urgent care: The CCG along with HealthWatch Somerset want to understand what you know about Same Day Urgent Care in West Somerset and how you find out about and use urgent care services.
Why is this important and how to get involved?
It is important we understand what people in West Somerset think should be provided in the area going forward, how people would like to use services and the best way to ensure everyone is able to find the information they need.
Whether you have direct experience of same day urgent care or not (perhaps you have helped a loved one, family member, or friend to get urgent care instead or are simply a member of the public with views and concerns) it doesn’t matter – every voice is important.
To provide us with the best picture possible, it is important that we hear from and listen to as many people as possible.
Over the next few weeks, we will be providing several opportunities for people to get involved. We will be looking to find out:
• what information would you find useful?
• how and when do you think information should be provided?
• asking people to share their thoughts and views to help improve same day urgent care. It’s easy to have your say and your feedback will be confidential and can remain anonymous.
- Complete the Healthwatch Somerset online survey here (by 20 March)
- If you would prefer to talk to us on your own over the phone, please get in touch to arrange a convenient time to talk. Call us on Freephone 0800 999 1286
- Talking to people in the community, we will also be visiting several community groups in West Somerset to talk to local residents